Tuesday, November 9, 2021

The TIRED, OLD WARRIOR

 

Ephesians 6:11

King James Version

11 Put on the whole armour of God, 

that ye may be able to stand 

against the wiles of the devil.


I get dreams,

forever battling something.


This time,

I fought black scorpions.


So large and thick-shelled,

my metal spear clanked.


Then one scorpion shrinks,

goes into a young girl's back.


Possessively,

an older woman hovers over her.


Not good, 

not good at all.


The parasite must not,

ever reach the young girl's heart.


Then I espied a tired, old warrior,

sitting, wounded, and depleted.


He looks up at me,

would I continue the fight?


I take up the cudgel,

following both women.


MORE poetry here.


Related material:

Armagedreamer

WARRIOR of the SPIRIT

The HOLY SPIRIT's REPROOF


(Image source: Insomn1ack for New Grounds)


GOD's quirky WAYS

  Deuteronomy 29:29 King James Version 29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God:  but those things which are revealed  belong unto ...